The design of a modern baby room is conceived to create a special aura, atmosphere for the development of the child, to stimulate the creativity inherent in it. What points you need to pay attention to and what to think about when creating a children’s room project-more on this in our article.
Designers now offer a lot of ready-made projects, but the child’s personality should be more important. All the little things should be taken into account, from furniture to baby room curtains.
General trends in the design of rooms for children
It is necessary to determine which criteria determine the conceptual solution for the design of a children’s room:
- The child’s age. The interior of a teenager’s nursery is different from a room for a newborn or a primary school student. Parents design the room for the baby, based on their ideas about aesthetic, functional comfort for him. A schoolboy or teenager already has their tastes and preferences. Individual character traits, interests, and Hobbies are reflected in the interior.
- The size of the room, how many children space is designed for. Small-sized children’s room requires the use of special design techniques. They allow you to transform the space so that it becomes comfortable for the child, functionally filled.
- The child’s tastes and Hobbies determine the aesthetic content of the children’s room. Experts recommend to advise and discuss with children of senior and secondary school age the design of a children’s room.
- Functional. The child is a dynamically developing person. Functional content is an important component. Child psychologists and designers recommend dividing the room into zones: for recreation, games, classes and do not forget the sports corner.
- Fashion trends. The tastes and preferences of the child affect the design of the children’s room to a large extent. They are correlated with fashionable stylistic trends and design techniques.
Wall decoration for baby girl room:
The interior of a children’s room is a multifunctional space that reflects the inner world of a small person.
Fashion trends of 2019-2020
The design of the nursery in a modern interpretation is a functionally filled free space with interesting, bright elements of aesthetic content.
Main modern fashion trends
- Minimalistic interpretation prevails in the design. They try to get rid of unnecessary things, furniture.
- The Scandinavian style remains popular. Dominated by natural materials, mainly wood. Light walls visually expand the space. They look at expressive decor elements. The multi-colored textile design will somewhat soften the strictness of minimalism and create comfort.
- The best colors for baby room are pastel colors, popular shades of purple, fuchsia, juicy Disney colors.
In the wall decorations for baby room, several pastel tones of different colors are used.
- Psychologists have noticed that children on an intuitive level sometimes try to hide in a secluded place. This is their space in which they like to dream, to fantasize. The trend of the recent years-the device of secret places. Children’s room with a wigwam, a house, a small tent is a delight for a little man.
- The emphasis on the intellectual and creative development of the child is reflected in the design of the children’s room. The trend finds a response in the use of lettering (original font) in the design of walls, installation of interactive boards, developing game corners.
- Baby room murals and wall stickers for baby room in the form of geometric patterns and peas have been popular for the past few years.
- Natural materials in the boho style are used as decors: a bedside Mat, a homespun baby room carpet; flowers in a wooden vase; a pouf with a texture of coarse knitting, baby room recliner. Fashionable item-racks with children’s wicker baskets for toys, things.
Textiles made of natural material with a beautiful print will complement the interior of the nursery.
Design of a room for newborns
In early childhood, the baby spends most of the time with his mother, and often he does not even have his room yet. But when it appears, do not rush to paint everything in pink and blue tones and buy a lot of toys.
At first, it is enough to put a bed, a changing table, baby room dresser, and rocking chairs for baby room. Everything else will only get in the way.
Children need to get new information, so images of fairy tales and cartoon characters are welcome in the decor. But do not make the design of the room too bright and challenging, the baby can fall asleep for a long time in such an environment. It is better to choose the neutral baby room paints.
From accessories, you can buy several decorative elements with a functional orientation: air purifier for baby room, canopies, modules, furniture-transformers, cradles, and musical mobiles.
It is not necessary to emphasize the gender of the child, this will become important later when girls start playing with dolls, and boys are fond of cars and sports. The unisex baby room is perfect for newborns.
Design of a child’s room for a boy
Children’s room for a boy differs in that the emphasis is primarily on the functionality of the room.
The nautical theme baby room is perfect for a boy’s room.
The pirate theme brings up in the child the courage and thirst for conquering the unknown, superheroes will teach you to protect the weak, and racing cars — do not standstill.
If you are worried that your child is growing too passive, sports details and themes will help encourage them to play sports. Conditions for good physical development are the key to good health and love of sports. At this age, any activity can be turned into a game.
Composite materials and chrome elements are used for furniture manufacturing. Appropriate textures “metallic”, “silver” in combination with a range of bluish-purple, gray tones. Separate modular furniture elements are logically combined with built-in wardrobes. Boys are less likely to restore order, so it is better to hide extra things.
To organize the work area, you can divide a separate wall or part into sections: for computer, interactive; a place for making crafts, install a computer table on wheels.
Frameless chairs, sofa, and rug for the baby room are suitable for the design of a recreation area.
It is necessary to take into account the peculiarities of the physiological development of children. They grow quickly, the bone apparatus is constantly being rebuilt. For a permanent bed, it is better to use frame upholstered furniture or an orthopedic mattress on a rigid basis.
The design of a boy’s nursery in Provence or classic styles is less appropriate for teenagers. In this style, parents arrange a room for newborns to their taste, it fits into the overall design concept of a house or apartment. As the child grows older, the room is adapted to the tastes of a teenager.
Baby room lighting
The correct arrangement of baby room light fixtures is an important element of the design from physiological development. Mostly use combined light, with the allocation of certain zones.
Try to move the work area closer to the window with natural light. Additionally, a backlight, table lamp, and led strip are installed. The main light is a baby room chandelier on the ceiling. It is advisable to install a lamp over the bed, so as not to strain your vision while reading books.
The range of lighting devices allows you to choose interesting lamps for different interpretations of the interior. For the minimalist style, track and string lighting is suitable. Provence, classics attract exquisite baby room floor lamps, chandeliers with beautiful lampshades.
Decor elements in the children’s room
The bright decor is an integral element of the interior, it transforms the interior.
- Photo Wallpapers. There is a large assortment of thematic images on sale. A small children’s room will become visually larger if you paste a photo Wallpaper with a perspective on the wall.
- Prints, stickers. The advantage of this decor is that they can be changed over time.
- Stretch ceilings with a wide range of colors. Pay attention to stretch ceilings with photo printing.
- Three-dimensional decoupage elements are a new popular decor, including for children’s rooms. For girls, it is appropriate to place flowers, butterflies, and birds on the wall. For boys, models of planes and spaceships are suitable.
Design of a child’s room for a girl
From psychology, a child’s room for a girl is a space for subconsciously modeling the future of comfortable housing in family life. A harmonious balance of coziness and comfort are the components of the nursery interior for a girl. No matter how the modern world changes, the main toys of the young lady are dolls, a house for them. This is the territory of her fantasies, where she tries to reproduce the dream of future family life, largely copying her mother. The design of the room affects the formation of a positive perception of the world, taste. Therefore, the nursery is made in calm, soft colors, often pinkish, pastel shades.
Accents are made on free space, an abundance of glamorous details is excluded. The Windows are decorated with Roman blackout curtains for baby room and blinds. The design of a children’s room in a modern style suggests the possibility of transforming the space to suit your taste. For the arrangement of suitable modular sectional furniture, consisting of individual elements that can be rearranged: chest of drawers, cabinets, table.
Modular furniture and transformers allow you to change the appearance of the room depending on the age of the child, the desire to add new details to the interior.
Special attention is paid to decorative elements and textile design. Soft baby room carpet, vases with indoor plants, romantic pictures, photos in light frames made of wood — elements of the Provence style. In textile design, it is appropriate to use floral prints, curtains on the Windows with ruffles.
The children’s room is a special world in which the child’s personality is formed. It is important to create maximum comfort so that positive memories of childhood remain in adult life.